Thursday, December 09, 2004

Thursday's NBA Picks

December 9, 2004

Home Team in Caps

Record with individual team in [ ]'s

Anthony's Picks

Last Night: (6-3-1), Week: (13-10-2), Year: (116-95-8)

  • San Antonio [8-7-1] -5 over HOUSTON [8-4-2]
  • Seattle [8-7] +7 over DALLAS [9-6-1]
  • PORTLAND [6-6] -5 over Boston [4-10]
Wow, I've never felt so guilty going 6-3-1 for a night. Sorry to those of you who have taken our locks the past few nights. I have gone a modest 12-6 on my locks this year, which is still 66%, but not good enough to keep going with it. Locks place far too much pressure on one game and take my focus away from some other games. I'd like to give equal attention to every game on a given night in hopes of posting the best record I can. So, at least for the time being, I am not going to lock any games, and hopefully we will see an improvement in my overall record. Good luck tonight....


Paul's Picks

Last Night: (6-3-1), Week: (12-11-2), Year: (122-92-9), Locks: (13-3-1)


  • San Antonio [9-6-1] -5 over HOUSTON [5-7-2]
  • Seattle [8-8] +7 over DALLAS [11-5-1]
  • PORTLAND [8-4] -5 over Boston [6-8]

Last night's lock was a tough loss, I went against the evidence that Washington could easily lose that game and stuck with my gut. On most of my locks, I've had both working in my favor, so forgive me for the loss. Regardless, 6-3-1 is still excellent no matter what leecd or anyone else has to say. I'm certainly not giving up my locks like Anthony, but I'm not going to lock anything tonight. Portland tempts me, but not quite enough.

6 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Blogger leecd said...

yeah 6,3,1 is good, its just that i took 2 outa those 3 losses and now i owe my bookie 4 thousand dollars, im on the run and shit now

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Anthony Peretore said...

Leecd,
You're a moron to be betting 4 grand on the NBA in the first place. Don't put that on us for your stupidity. It's not like we charge you for our picks. Good luck getting out of the hole, but remember, sometimes instead of climbing out, you just end up making the hole deeper. Take San Antone tonight if you have to. That's what I would do. Good luck dude.

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger leecd said...

haha i was just kidding hahaha

but i am taking the spurs tonight

im not blaming you guys its just that i always looked at your picks and never used them on my own, and the first time i did, it just went downhill... good nights, some bad nights

thanks for the picks keep up the good work

 
At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NBA Dude,

YouR celticsblog.com post said Paul Pierce was NOT gonna play today.

How can Portland not be a lock under those circumstances?

Could the T-Blazers still lose against a PP-less Celt squad???

 
At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT THE FUCK SPURS?!?!?!?!

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Anthony Peretore said...

I didn't say Pierce was definately not playing. He had the flu, and you could tell, 6 points on 3-13 shooting. Also, Portland didn't even cover, so aren't you glad we didn't lock? There's something called the Ewing Theory. It's the notion that teams play significantly better when their star is out. Bill Simmons wrote an entire article on it, you should read it.
http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?id=1193711
Check it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home