Friday, January 07, 2005

Crossing the Line??

As you all know, I've been writing a new column, 'What the F?' which examines what's going on with each team in the NBA. This week, I wrote a line that refered to the Grizzlies attempting to trade their point guard Jason Williams which read: "PG Jason Williams has been like an ugly stripper looking for lap dance clients: shopped around and finding no one that desperate." A comment by an anonymous reader was posted later that day:

At 9:14 PM, Anonymous said...
PG Jason Williams has been like an ugly stripper looking for lap dance clients: shopped around and finding no one that desperate. Good job on losing a loyal reader.

Is this highly offensive? If I did offend you John/Jane Doe I'm truly sorry, but I thought it was a reasonable jab at JWill that should not insult anyone but him or strippers. Let me know why I lost you as a reader. I'm truly apologetic and will refrain from stripper jokes in the future. To our other readers, is this offensive???? Please offer your comments.

3 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i cant believe that you said that Ant. That was way out of line.. my mom is a ugly stripper and read your article and was deeply offended. Make that 2 readers you lost. Oh wait, 3!!!

 
At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Jane Doe would be me.
I'm sorry, I just over-reacted because J-Dub is one of my favorite players and he's been getting the worst stuff written about him lately and I was just in a bad mood about it. Obviously, I didn't really stop reading, I was just upset about all the crap everyone's been saying about him lately.
You didn't cross the line, I don't think, because it's your opinion, I was just in a bad mood.

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Anthony Peretore said...

Jane-
I was in no way ranking on JWill, I actually really like him as a player. I was merely stating that there have been no takers for him yet. This is what I like about our site though, that you can get pissed off and express it. Next time, just counter my argument so we can both benefit from it. Thank you for continuing to read our site. You don't know how much we truly appreciate it. --Anthony

 

Post a Comment

<< Home