Monday, January 31, 2005

Monday's NBA Picks

January 31, 2005

Home Team in CAPS

Anthony's Picks

Last Night: (1-0), Week: (0-0)

  • BOSTON -2 over Houston
  • NEW ORLEANS +6 over Memphis
  • San Antonio -5 over SEATTLE
  • CLIPPERS -5.5 over New York

Might be too many games to choose on a Monday, but whatever. Boston is great at home and just had a stellar win at Chicago. Sura is out for the Rockets and Andre Barrett takes over at the point. Celts 102, Rockets 93. Memphis is hurting without Gasol and Posey and that trend should continue tonight. Also, Bonzi wells is questionable and the Hornets have been solid at home. Memphis 95, N.O 91. Ray Allen has the flu. Spurs 103, Sonics 88. The Knicks stink. Houston, T. Thomas, Ariza, Penny all out and only a 6 point spread? Clips 95, Knicks 85. GLTA

Paul's Picks

Last Night: (0-2), Week: (0-0)

  • Indiana [17-10-2] +1.5 over PHILADELPHIA [21-11-1]
  • CLIPPERS [13-17] -5.5 over New York [21-10-1]

Indiana needs a win after four straight losses, and I think after a bad loss at home against the Nuggets on Sunday, that they'll be hungry tonight and actually more focused away from Conseco. The Sixers welcome back a still ailing Iverson, but I'm a feeling a let-down game after that monstruous upset win in Dallas on Saturday. I'm sticking with Ant on the Clips call--the Knicks absolutely stink and are beat up as it is, and though they aren't as good without Maggette, they won't need him tonight. And I was going to take the Celts, but then I saw Ant grabbed them and I quickly reconsidered--it's always a good sign to bet against the Celtics when Anthony gets his hopes up. Game of the Night: Spurs vs. Sonics (obviously). Sonics have crapped all over San Antone twice, and while I highly doubt Popovich, Duncan, and co. let that happen again, the Sonics are quietly becoming a team you shouldn't bet against.


4 Comments:

At 9:31 PM, Blogger Zach said...

Ant, I thought u said Sura was out- haha. Nice one.

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Anthony Peretore said...

No Zach, Paul told me Sura was out. I think its a plot of his to push me into taking the Celts. He's cool like that.

 
At 2:01 AM, Blogger Nat said...

Hey... wow Anthony your predictions of the sscores for the knicks game and the spurs game was on point... props to u for that... on another note.. just wanted to say i am a regular visitor but dont say much but i really love you guys articles u write ... keep em comin :)

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Anthony Peretore said...

Nat-
Thanks for writing to us. Yeah, those scores weren't too bad last night too bad I was way off with the first two. Never, I mean NEVER trust me with the Celtics. Glad you enjoy our articles. Feel free to post more often. Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home