Friday, February 25, 2005

Friday's NBA Picks

February 25, 2005

Home Team in CAPS

Anthony's Picks:

Last Night: (0-0), Week: (4-6)
  • Denver +4.5 over MEMPHIS
  • Washington +5 over CHICAGO
  • Boston [9-24] +2 over UTAH
  • Detroit -3.5 over LAKERS
  • Minnesota +8 over SEATTLE--Lock

All roadies tonight. Denver has been playing pretty well, but I think Memphis is starting to feel the effects of playing without Gasol, Posey and Swift. I still like the Grizz tonight but in a squeaker, 104-103, O.T. Chicago never beats teams by more than five and I just really like this Wizards team for some reason. I've done really well with them all year. Bull 97, Wiz 95. If I didn't take my Celtics tonight, then I don't think I can be considered a fan. Walker will be starting with #88 on his back. Boston will be all fired up. Celts 106, Jazz 84. I agree 100% what Paul said about Detroit. Pistons 96, Lakers 89. And finally, I'm all up on this T'Wolves bandwagon after KG's interview. They are fired up and though they may not win tonight, they'll play really tough. Sonic 103, Wolves 99. GLTA


Paul's Picks:

Last Night: (0-0), Week: (4-5)

  • INDIANA [20-11-2] -2.5 over Cleveland [16-17-1]
  • MEMPHIS [15-21] -4 over Denver [17-20]
  • MILWAUKEE [23-11-1] -4 over Toronto [15-17-1]
  • Detroit [21-13-1] -3.5 over LAKERS [15-15-2]

I'm very tempted to take the Jazz given that Ant took the Celts, but Utah has been terrible lately and I just can't pull the trigger. Indiana has quietly won 7 of 9--they've been close ones, but they're playing better basketball. Meanwhile the Cavs have played 9 of 13 at home, and all 4 of those road games they've lost. I'm sticking with the numbers in this one. The home team has won the last 11 matchups between Memphis and Denver and since the Nuggets haven't been on the road since the 16th, I'm guessing that they might be a bit overwhelmed in Memphis tonight--taking the Grizz. Milwaukee has won 5 straight convincingly at home, and though they might be a little hurt by the losses of James and Van Horn, should be able to put away the Raps who have just 5 road wins all season. Detroit is rolling right now and while I like the Lakers, I think they'll just be too overmatched up front to be able to slug this one out. Good luck tonight...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home