Thursday, February 03, 2005

Thursday's NBA Picks

February 3, 2005

Home Team in Caps

Anthony's Picks:

Last Night: (2-0), Week: (4-5)

Up later--unless he's not making any picks tonight. Dumbass hasn't let me know.

Paul's Picks:

Last Night: (1-2), Week: (5-2)

  • San Antonio [15-16-2] -8.5 over LAKERS [11-14-2]

I first wanted to let you guys know that Anthony and I are currently staff writers for HoopsVibe.com and basketball.com--we didn't sell out or anything because we're still not seeing a dime for all the hard work we put in, but we are looking for wider publishing. While neither of these sites is exactly ESPN or CBS Sportsline, it does allow us to reach a wider base of readers. Our articles will still always be posted here first and never will we post something on one of those sites that doesn't make it onto our own. This is our baby, so it obviously receives the most attention. But if you guys do ever get the chance, check out hoopsvibe.com and basketball.com--they're both good sites with some interesting commentary.

On to the games--I had to take the Spurs simply because my prediction was a win by twelve, before I even checked the lines. I think it could end up being a semi-close 12, if that makes any sense, because the Lakers might be pulling together hard as a team to get through this rough stretch. However, San Antonio is just way too tough, and they will be playing with a chip on their shoulder. I was tempted to take the Grizz, but the Clippers are kicking off a 9-game road stretch and I've found that teams go into an extra gear on the first game of road trips this season. It's almost like they've had their eyes set on the date for awhile and so they come out very focused. But keep an eye on the Clips over the next couple weeks--they're not a very deep team, Elton Brand has been carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders, and Maggette has been struggling immensely with his shoulder--this road trip could put an end to their playoff dreams. Miami I like tonight as well, but I think it's already gotten to the point where you just don't go against LeBron on national TV. Good Luck tonight

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home