Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Wednesday's NBA Picks

February 2, 2005

Home Team in CAPS

Anthony's Picks

Last Night: (0-3--sweet), Week: (2-5--gross)
  • Phoenix -3.5 over MINNESOTA
  • Sacramento -3 over GOLDEN STATE

I really don't understand these lines, which means I'll probably go 0-2 but whatever. Phoenix will be mad after dropping that game last night and Minny just stinks. Suns 112, T'Wolves 102. GS is awful and Murphy's out. The Kings will be pissed after losing a sure-win last night. Sactwon 105, Warriors 93. GLTA, except the guys ahead of me.


Paul's Picks

Last Night: (2-0), Week: (4-0)
  • Atlanta [18-13] +13 over DETROIT [20-10-1]
  • Phoenix [18-15-2] -3.5 over MINNESOTA [10-17]
  • Denver [16-16] PK over PORTLAND [14-16]

Going with 3 roadies today. I took Atlanta last time they played in Detroit because half of their coaching staff was on the Detroit staff last season, so I figured they'd know how to strategize against the Pistons well, and sure enough they hammered the Pistons. Detroit may be looking for some revenge tonight, but I still think Atlanta will play they them tough thanks to the coaching of Mike Woodson (who Anthony continually rips on for no reason--what can you expect from him with that roster?). This Phoenix team is still dope and only a handful of teams out there are capable of beating them (Memphis for one, who took 'em down last night)--Minnesota does happen to be one, but I don't think the Suns will have two bad offensive games in a row--Memphis played great D last night, Minny never plays defense. And for my final pick, I'm going hot against cold simply--even though Denver usually struggles going from the high climate in Denver to a road game in back-to-back nights. Portland is a mess right now and I'd be hard pressed to not bet against them until something gives out there. Good luck tonight...


2 Comments:

At 9:50 PM, Blogger Anthony Peretore said...

Slack--
You may not get this, so I will certainly post it tomorrow, but I had to respond to your sprewell comment in my "5 Trades" article. Spree would go to the Nets as a salary cap move. I wasn't suggesting they get him to be a future asset. He sucks and has a bad attitude and they already have two great players that play the same position. Spree's contract comes off the books at the end of the year freeing up money to get one of the 3 big men I listed. You need some rest man, you're "slackin." PEACE

 
At 1:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no, i was cool with what you wrote, ant. it was one of the folks who replied who seemed seriously confused.

sjg.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home