Thursday, March 24, 2005

Thursday's NBA Picks

March 24, 2005

Home Team in CAPS

ANTHONY'S PICKS

Last Night: (2-2), Week: (5-5)

  • Charlotte +8 over ORLANDO
  • Washington +2 over UTAH
  • SEATTLE -3 over Portland
  • SACRAMENTO -1 over Dallas

I'm picking a lot of games for a Thursday, but I'm going to Florida on Saturday so I'm going to try and complete my 20 by tomorrow. Orlando should not be favored by 8 over anyone without Francis and Hedo. They'll win, but it will be close, 99-94. Utah had a big win over the Lakers the other night, but take that with a grain of salt (whatever the hell that means). Washington is a legit team with or without Jamison. They'll win convincingly tonight 104-93. I don't care if Ray Allen is out, although I expect him to play. Portland stinks and will get smoked 105-91. Finally, in basically a pick 'em I always like to take the home teams, especially when it's the Kings. Skinner with two sprained thumbs should play tonight and be a defensive force down low. Kings 104, Mavs 98. GLTA



PAUL'S PICKS

Last Night: (2-1), Week: (5-4)
  • Memphis PK over NEW JERSEY
  • HOUSTON -6.5 over Cleveland
  • DENVER -9 over Lakers
  • Dallas +2 over SACRAMENTO
I'm busting out a monster article rating all the national network talent tomorrow in case any of you were wondering if I was being lazy this week. The picks-- even though Jersey has been hot (5 in a row), I think Memphis should have little problem shutting down the offensively-challenged Nets and control the boards against one of the few teams that rebounds worse than they do. Expect this to be a neck-and-neck game with the Grizz pulling out a 4 or 5 point win. Tracy McGrady has fell into a shooting slump over the last few games, but I expect that to change tonight as LeBron James, who has been getting burned on the defensive end lately, will be forced into covering him with Newble giving up too much size. I expect Houston to roll tonight. Very seldom will I bet against Kobe Bryant, but tonight I think he's about to be hit very hard with reality. The Lakers just don't have it in them to challenge Denver for that final playoff spot out West and there's no doubting that the Nuggets will come out firing against a worn-down Lakers team. Keep in mind the Lakers have been on the road for almost two weeks and Denver, with the thin air, is no easy place to play when you're exhausted. Dallas played with a lot of fire last night in Oakland against the Warriors as they have all season long with Avery Johnson manning the sidelines. I expect that same intensity to carry into tonight in a game which should have a playoff atmosphere. Good luck tonight...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home