Monday, April 11, 2005

Monday's NBA Picks

April 11, 2005

Home Team in CAPS

Anthony's Picks

Last Night: (1-3), Last Week: (10-9-1)
  • Memphis +6.5 over DALLAS
  • Cleveland +1 over ORLANDO
  • Detroit -1.5 over CHICAGO
  • Phoenix -10 over LAKERS

Memphis is fighting for playoff positioning and had most of their starters resing in the 4th last night. I look for a close one in Big D, DAL 100, MEM 98. I'm not so sure why Paul is certain of an Orlando victory tonight without Grant Hill. I'm gonna go with Cleveland as they look to capitalize on a great performance against the Bucks. CLE 104, ORL 101. Chicago is great at home but with Curry still out, Detroit should murder them on the boards. DET 95, CHI 90. Finally, the Lakers are a joke and Phoenix should be furious after dropping one to the Rockets the other night. I look for them to kill LA on the fast break as Steve Nash torches Chucky Atkins all night long. PHX 123, LAL 98. GLTA

PS: I started off last week really well but tailed off quickly...not to make excuses but I did have a rather busy weekend and didn't have the 20 minutes or so I usually do to carefully select my picks. I'm telling you this not because I give two shits about my record, but because if any of you are using these picks to your benefit, well I don't want you to think this accurately reflects how well I can do when alotted an ample amount of time. I promise to give you my full attention this week, and if I can't on a particular night, I will let that be known. Thanks

Paul's Picks

Last Night: (1-2), Last Week: (7-11-2)

  • Indiana -2.5 over TORONTO
  • ORLANDO -1.5 over Cleveland-- LOCK
  • Detroit -1.5 over CHICAGO
  • Houston -2 over SEATTLE
  • Phoenix -10 over LAKERS

Whew! Rough week for me, but I'm not about to relent. This Indy line started off at -1! UN-Believable! Here's the thing-- the Knicks played an extraordinary game yesterday while the Pacers just played okay. We're going to see this happen from time to time in the last week and a half- bad teams who get off to a hot start and are able to play with a high level of intensity. I really haven't seen that at all from Toronto, so I'm going to stick by trusty Rick Carlisle. Orlando and Cleveland-- two teams that I have very, VERY little faith in right now. I'll take the home team in this case, especially considering Cleveland has lost 14 of 15 on the road with the only win being a nail-biter in New Orleans. The road team has won each game Detroit and Chicago has played this year and I expect tonight to end with the same result. The Pistons are rolling on all cylinders right now and would clinch the #2 seed in the East with a victory. Houston and Seattle have played 2 down-to-the-wire games this season and it wouldn't surprise me at all to see the same happen tonight. However, Seattle is struggling all-around lately while Houston continues to impress on the road. Phoenix will manhandle the Lakers this evening as they still gun for homecourt throughout (now tied with SA, but lose the tiebreaker). GL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home