Thursday, April 28, 2005

Thursday's NBA Picks/Analysis

April 28, 2005

Home Team in CAPS

Anthony's Picks

Last Night: (0-3), Playoffs (6-10)
  • Miami -3 over NEW JERSEY
  • Boston +3 over INDIANA
  • Dallas +2.5 over HOUSTON

--I'm going all roadies tonight after my dreadful slew of picks last night. I think Miami wants to win this series as quickly as possible to get Shaq some rest. Tonight, the Heat will continue their destruction of the Nets. MIA 105-98.

--I like the Celtics to win this game outright. Stephen Jackson has a badly sprained knee and will play, but with arguably their best player slowed all game long, the Pacers are going to struggle putting the ball in the hoop. Boston completely fell apart on Monday with Ricky Davis and the rest of the bench failing to make much of a contribution. I see that changing big time tonight. BOS 105, IND 101.

--Finally, I like the Mavs to get back on track tonight. "T-Mac is reaching don't dare bet against him level" was Paul's quote of the night yesterday. That's Paul making his classic assessments after just two games, like "Duncan looks 100% to me." Yeah, rolling the same ankle three times in one season and its back 100%? What about Sunday when he looked like he had Jason Kendall's ankle after destroying it on first base? I bet anything Paul goes with the Rockets, but if you're smart, you'll nab Dirk and the Mavs. GLTA

Paul's Picks:

Last Night: (2-1), Playoffs: (7-9)

  • Miami -3 over NEW JERSEY
  • Boston +3 over INDIANA
  • HOUSTON -1.5 over Dallas

*Playoff Analysis*

Tonight's Games:

MIA/NJ: It's impossible for me to take New Jersey after the way Miami has dominated them over the course of the season. The Nets will have to play flawlessly to take one away from the Heat and that's a very tall order given the way the Heat have been playing defensively. Even if Shaq is on auto pilot right now, Wade and Mourning never are, and that alone gives Miami a chance to walk away with an easy sweep over the Nets. I think we'll see the Nets battle tougher tonight however, even own the lead for the better part of the game as they set the tone throughout. But in the end, Miami will take over in the 4th as they have all season and take a commanding 3-0 lead over New Jersey. MIA 97, NJ 90

BOS/IND: No time for major analysis right now, I'll see if I can get some more up later. Also know that we at NBA Source have been EXTREMELY busy this week, so we've been doing our best to have our daily picks/analysis serve as articles this week. Next week things will be back to normal and we'll have articles up regularly. To the game-- I snared Memphis last night based on the "steady line despite heavy betting on one side" theory and it worked. Same goes for this game. Indiana is being taken at a 3 to 1 rate and I'm really not sure why. Have people watched the first two games? Boston is by far the superior team. They're capable of winning the next 3 games, no questions asked. I think we'll see Doc go to the bench more tonight as he tries to up the tempo and wear down Indiana sooner. Take the Cs with confidence. BOS 94, IND 88.

DAL/HOU: I'm really clueless as to what's going to happen tonight with this game. As far as I'm concerned, T-Mac is on the verge of entering "don't bet against under any circumstances" territory. Although, you have to wonder if Houston might be coming into tonight's game a litte too comfortable and confident. I think tonight should provide us a good barometer of how far T-Mac has really come. Put it this way-- Michael Jordan would be looking for the sweep. Tonight is the series for Dallas-- they lose, they may as well pack it in. A win provides them a great deal of hope. My hunch tells me Van Gundy has his troops entering tonight's game with the right mindset-- to go out there and win tonight and not give Dallas any chance in this series. HOU 104, DAL 101


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home