Friday, November 11, 2005

Friday's Picks

"Man, how many times I gotta tell you? Hart took the marker, put it to my face, and drew this beard. I can't grow facial hair, what do you want from me?" Bibby and his line-beard are at home trying to get their game back on track against the Nuggets. Paul even locked 'em

November 11, 2005

Home Team in CAPS

Ant's Picks:

Last Night: (2-1); Week: (14-11); Season: (44-26)

  • WASHINGTON -5 over Seattle
  • INDIANA -5.5 over New Jersey
  • TORONTO +4 over Utah
  • Dallas -5 over CHARLOTTE - *Dirk Nowitzki Questionable; Gerald Wallace Out*
  • San Antonio -5.5 over BOSTON
  • Memphis +7 over CLEVELAND
  • PHILADELPHIA -2 over LA Lakers
  • SACRAMENTO -3 over Denver
  • Detroit -7.5 over PORTLAND
  • GOLDEN STATE -7 over New York--Lock

--Seattle STINKS on the road and may actually STINK period. I can't say STINK without caps, it just doesn't work. Plus, Washington is a pretty solid home team and should respond well after their loss to the Clippers the other night. WAS 102, SEA 91.

--Seems like Indy hasn't been very interested in their last few games (loss to Philly, narrow escape vs. Miami). But I fully expect them to be pumped up to play the Nets tonight and give them a serious ass whoopin'. IND 99, NJN 89.

--Toronto is 0-4 against the spread (ATS) and I cannot see that trend continuing. Perhaps they won't win, but they should certainly cover. TOR 103, UTH 98.

--Dallas is a superior team with or without Dirk, and especially with the 'Cats missing Gerald Wallace. I expect Dirk to play, as a tough German would (whatever that means). DAL 106, CHA 95.

--Like Paul explains below, the Spurs own the Celtics and I'm just not sold on Gang Green being anywhere close to San Antone's level of play. As much as I hate to say it, the Spurs should cruise tonight. SAS 104, BOS 92.

--This Memphis squad looks to be better than I thought. Their last second loss at Boston shouldn't discourage them but instead push them to play the Cavs tough tonight. CLE 105, MEM 103, OT

--This Philly line kind of scares me--seems like it should be at least 3.5. But just look at the matchups for this evening. Kobe vs. Iggy--the latter should hold his opponent under 30 points. Then we have Iverson vs. Smush Parker? C-Webb vs. Kwame "foul-machine" Brown? C'mon guys. I like the Sixers big time tonight. PHI 103, LAL 97.

-Sacramento HAS to get back on track tonight, don't they? Seems like one of those make or break type of games for the Kings and I'll jump on board. SAC 104, DEN 96.

--You see, Vegas wants you to think Portland will build on their win over the Knicks the other night and at least keep it close against the Pistons who played in PHX last night. Now, I want you to realize that the Blazers are an absolute joke and Detroit steam-rolls over clubs like that. A laugher tonight in Pote lan. DET 103, POR 82.

--How long before Larry Brown loses it? Two more losses? Maybe three? What happens if they lose by double-digits tonight? Could he actually rip his artificial hip out of his leg and start beating Marbury with it? We'll find out in about 6 hours. GSW 189, KYK 80.


Paul's Picks:

Last Night: (3-0); Week: (12-13); Season: (35-35)

  • WASHINGTON -5 over Seattle
  • INDIANA -5.5 over New Jersey
  • Utah -4 over TORONTO
  • CHARLOTTE +5 over Dallas- *Dirk Nowitzki Out; Gerald Wallace Out*
  • San Antonio -5.5 over BOSTON
  • Memphis +7 over CLEVELAND
  • PHILADELPHIA -2 over LA Lakers
  • SACRAMENTO -3 over Denver *LOCK*
  • Detroit -7.5 over PORTLAND
  • GOLDEN STATE -7 over New York

-Seattle has shown us nothing thus far. Tough to pick them considering they're on the road against a good team coming off a loss. WAS 101-94.

-Indiana keeps the big three in check and starts to get their season rolling. IND 96-86

-I'm not taking Toronto until they show me something, anything. UTAH 94-88

-Dirk out. CHA 101-99

-The Spurs have absolutely owned the Celts, beating them 15 consecutive times. I have my doubts that Boston breaks this streak tonight. SAN 97-89

-Memphis was simply the better team when these teams met last week, in taking over during the second half en route to a 113-106 victory. They'll keep it close tonight. CLE 110-106

-Home team has taken 10 of the last 11 in the Lakers/Sixers series. This could actually be an exciting game tonight despite the fact that I'm not big on either team. Iverson rises to the occasion late. PHI 108-107

-Denver has lost 17 straight at Sacramento. Couple that with the fact that it's pretty tough to beat someone in back-to-back games, and that Arco Arena is the toughest arena to play in...I'm locking the Kings tonight. If they lose, fire Adelman. SAC 114-104

-I don't care that Detroit played a tough one in Phoenix last night. This team is on a mission, and they're not going to see their undefeated record come falling down to the Blazers. DET 101-87

-I'm taking 9 of 10 favorites-- I realize this. I don't care. The Warriors are playing with a lot of confidence and are going to smoke the Knicks at The Arena. GS 106-88

-GLTA

4 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Blogger Paul Benedict said...

Great-- Dirk is apparently not out. I supposedly had a last second tip, guess my source was wrong. I won't change the pick again though, I was locked in at 7:29.

 
At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

for the lakers-sixers game you guys are forgetting about odom vs. korver... i say l.a by at least 5

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Anthony Peretore said...

Good call on the Lakers

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Samone said...

I've been wondering how Mike Bibby gets his beard like that. It's really quite impressive unlike his play of late.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home