Thursday, November 03, 2005

Thursday's Picks

Can Kobe do it back-to-back nights? Nah


Home Team in CAPS

Ant's Picks:

Week: (13-5), Season: (13-5), Locks: (1-0)
  • Indiana +5 over MIAMI
  • Phoenix +3 over LA LAKERS

--The way I decided this first game was pretty simple. Miami had to travel from Memphis last night and Indy was already in Orlando. That's the only edge I see here. Close game, MIA 93, IND 90.

--Lakers played an overtime battle in Denver last night and I just don't think they have the depth to keep up with Phoenix tonight. PHX 104, LAL 99.

GOOD LUCK



Paul's Picks:

Week: (9-9), Season: (9-9)

  • Indiana +5 over MIAMI
  • Phoenix +3 over LA LAKERS

Sorry these are up late. I actually locked Utah last night, but totally forgot to put it up there thanks to Anthony editing his picks at the same time as mine. I won't take credit for it though. Thanks, Ant.

3 Comments:

At 5:43 AM, Anonymous rom said...

how does this work?

you say indy +5over miami but then say mia 93, ind 90

so I guess the +5 over is not the point difference here.

I'm new to this thing so if you could explain

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Flash said...

Nice tips guys, i find your reasoning more helpful, so far ive only had 10 bets but am 9/10 so pretty happy.

ps i recon u guys overate the kings and the celtics.

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Anthony Peretore said...

Rom-
Vegas set the spread last night at Indiana +5. This means that the Pacers simply need to win the game if 5 points were added to their total. Thus, if they lost by three, they'd still cover because they were receiving 5. On the other hand, that makes Miami -5, thus they would need to win by more than 5 in order to cover the spread. So Paul and I covered both games last night. I'll be back later today with an article after I hit up Costco for a 240 pack of tissues for Paul.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home