Thursday, November 10, 2005

Thursday's Picks

I know your Pistons are good Carlos, but wait til the game is over to pinch your nipples


November 10, 2005

Home Team in CAPS

Ant's Picks:

Last Night: (5-7); Week: (12-10); Season: (42-25)
  • ATLANTA +3.5 over LA Clippers
  • Houston +5.5 over MIAMI
  • Detroit -1 over PHOENIX

--Last night was pretty rough, but we have to expect those abominations sometimes...Keep your heads up...

--Remember last night when the Wizards were -3.5 at home vs. the Clippers? And remember how the majority of us took Washington to cover? Well they didn't and this is another one of the 3.5 lines that push us heavily towards one side when we should really be taking the underdog. Take the Hawks with confidence. ATL 99, LAC 96

--Four of Miami's starters played 39+ minutes last night in a crushing defeat at Indiana. This would be okay if this team didn't go only 7 deep (I don't count Kapono), but they do. Houston will keep it close tonight, wait and see. MIA 96, HOU 93

--Finally, I'm not shying away from the Pistons until they show me any sign of letting down. I know this isn't the weak Kings team they destroyed the other night, but as long as they have a day's rest under their belts, I'll take them to win home or away. DET 101, PHX 98

GOOD LUCK

Paul's Picks:

Last Night: (3-9); Week: (9-13); Season: (32-35)

  • LA Clippers -3.5 over ATLANTA
  • Houston +5.5 over MIAMI
  • Detroit -1 over PHOENIX

Worst night ever last night and it only begins with my disastrous picks. Let's just never bring it up again, okay?

-Clippers didn't get into Atlanta until about 1 AM this morning, so I wouldn't be shocked if they came out a little lame tonight. Nevertheless, they absolutely manhandled the Hawks just last week and I find no reason to believe they're going to allow a crappy Hawks team to slow down their fast start. It doesn't hurt that Corey Maggette is back and providing a major spark off the bench (20 points in 23 minutes last night). LAC 101-93

-I'm with Ant on the HOU/MIA line-- I think the Rockets keep this one close tonight, although they'll likely have no answer for Dwyane Wade. Houston should come in with a little more focus tonight after dropping two at home to NO/OKC and Orlando (gross!). MIA 91-89

-Detroit should be favored by at least 3, so this DET/PHX line worries me a little bit. I just don't see the Suns pulling this game out though-- the Pistons are NOT a good matchup for them. Do you think the likes of James Jones, Boris Diaw, and Brian Grant are ready to take down the Pistons for their first loss? Me neither. DET 104-97

5 Comments:

At 5:19 PM, Anonymous michael said...

Guys, I was wondering if you could recommend any books on sports betting. I’ve found a few on amazon that look good, but none of them seem to talk about basketball. Know of any?

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Creek! said...

OMG!! WHERE'S PAUL?!?!?!

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Anthony Peretore said...

Michael,

Take my advice, and stop while you're ahead. No one wins at sports gambling, no one. Once you start winning you get greedy, eventually lose it all and then some. Trust me man, I've been there and it's a horrible situation. Throw like $20-40 in a sportsinteraction account and have fun with that. Don't buy sports betting books man, please. If you think you can control yourself then go for it, but believe me it's really hard. Paul may have different advice, but if I were you I'd be happy with the money in my pocket.

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Mike said...

"No one wins at sports gambling, no one."

Sure, not when you use Paul's picks. :)

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Anthony Peretore said...

Ouch...I'll have you know however, that Paul whooped my ass last year in picks. Plus he just had his turn around night on Thursday in going 3-0. Watch out...

(I hope this puts the pressure on him to shit the bed)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home