Thursday, December 15, 2005

The End/Reconstruction of The NBA Source?

Okay everyone, here's the deal. For reasons we are unable to disclose, Paul is no longer a part of The NBA Source squadron. Paul is one of my very best friends and someone I enjoyed working with very much and it truly pains me to see him go. I love him like a brother and hope his future ventures bring him much success and happiness. Originally, after hearing the news from my former colleague, I thought the best thing to do to fill my writing fix was to simply submit my work to another website (which still remains an option). But rather than jump the gun, I thought I'd provide you, the fans, with an opportunity the help me out. Here are my options at this point:

1) Quit writing all together and move to Los Angeles and try and find acting work with Mark Paul Gosselar

2) Write for another site and sell the rights to www.nbasource.com to one of our loyal fans

3) Have one or two of you help me move forward in creating a new and improved NBA Source.

4) Have a dozen or so of you contribute one or two pieces of work per month and try and set the site up that way.

Right now I have no direction to which I am leaning. You guys have always been there to push us to work harder and improve the site in any way we can. Thus, I am asking you to assist me once again in making a decision that could greatly affect my life (or at least the next few months). Please feel free to write your comments below or email me at APeretore@gmail.com if you are truly interested in one of the aforementioned options. Thanks guys. We'll miss you Paul, good luck buddy.

--Anthony

On to tonight's picks...

December 14, 2005

Home Team in CAPS


Ant's Picks:

Last Night: (7-4); Week: (13-9); Month: (53-56); Season: (165-147)

  • Denver +4 over CLEVELAND
  • MINNESOTA +2 over San Antonio
  • SEATTLE -3 over Houston

--It's Melo's turn to shine tonight...DEN 105-102

--San Antonio is banged up right now and I expect the Wolves to give them all they can handle. SAS 99-98

--Houston played in OT last night. With a still less than 100% T-Mac carrying the load, I think the Sonics will be able to wear down this group rather easily. SEA 104-99

Good Luck

14 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Prescott Rossi said...

Wow. I will admit I did not see this coming. I thought maybe Curits was a friend, and that Paul would be back. I wish Paul all the luck in the world as he does whatever it is he is doing.

It would be truly upset if this site were finsihed. This is going to ruin my ordinary internet browsing schedule of Simmons, Celticsblog, nbasource, and USCHO (I need my college hockey).

I could never write for this site. My knowledge of basketball would never suffice the wants of its readers, however I am completly in favor of option 3, if those are the only options. I bet this site can be a pain to maintain if your lives are busy (Just look at some of the times you've posted columns).

Both Anthony and Paul have tremendous writing talent and I enjoy reading this site. I hope that this site doesn't go away as fast as it came together. Good luck Ant, if this really is the end.

-Prescott

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Brickowski said...

paul had to quit to spend time with his family, right? or at least that's what you want the public to believe now that you've forced him out to seize all the glory.

but seriously, you guys ran a great site and it's a shame to see paul leave like this. hopefully some good readers step up and nbasource can keep going strong.

SAVE THE SOURCE.

 
At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul come back! You can surely find time to help out with the site. Please keep the source, i find it to be the best NBA blog on the net.

 
At 9:41 PM, Anonymous Chris D said...

I actually saw this coming. Paul had only been writing 5 on 5 once a week. He used to bust out articles like Shawn Kemp's lovers churned out babies. I'm guessing it has something to do with his job. Maybe he works for like the NBA or actually maybe TNT. That'd be my guess. Or maybe his wife is the devil.

Either way I don't think you should let this affect you as a writer Anthony. Whatever you ultimately decide upon with the source, nothing should prevent you from writing and pursuing your dreams. If that's what you want to do, I'd advise you to keep chucking away at it.

All I can say is, you guys ran a great blog. I've only written comments a handful of times, (usually as anonymous) but I feel compelled to respond here because I've been a loyal reader for quite some time. It sucks. You guys at least could have done one more funny piece. I was dying for another wife or funniest things piece! Anyways, you both are very talented and provided a great daily read. I pushed your site to many friends and it became a consistent bookmark for them as well. We'll miss your talents Paul, but hopefully Ant can pick up the slack and find a writer that helps keep the site intact, if that's what he decides to do.

Best of luck with whatever the hell you're doing Paul, and best of luck to you Anthony with the writing.

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger asdf said...

I hope you can stick with the site, even if it's with some new help. I like how you guys add humor into your site and don't bog it down with stats and stuff. I hate reading about PER this and PER that all day and you guys don't overdo it with that stuff. So hopefully you can stick around with some help from someone else who has time.

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Creek! said...

Selfishly, I want you to stay, especially because I'm intrigued by this mysterious "Curtis" fellow. Who is he? Is he black? Is it your alter-ego?

However, if you have something better to do than pump out NBA picks daily, then go for it. Good luck either way. I've really enjoyed reading Paul and you since I found this blog.

 
At 3:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another regular reader checking in to encourage you not to let this site down.

Like many others, I've really enjoyed reading this blog on a daily basis and didn't see this coming. I really wish you can keep it up and running. The accuracy of your analysis and the quality of your writing (both Paul's and yours) will be missed if you decide to go away.

Good luck and congratulations on this great site.

 
At 3:22 AM, Blogger atma brother #1 said...

I feel you guys. It's tough managing a passion (a hoops blog) as well as life's responsibilities. It's been slow at the Warriors blog (for the first time ever) for the past week because of the "real world". Stay up both of you guys regardless of what happens.

PEACE!

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger "rem" said...

while it saddens me to hear of Paul's departure, these things happen and people move on (good luck in ventures PB) it is by no means a reason to fold up

option #4 seems interesting if u don't mind becoming more of a site editor/admin but acting with Gosselar or anyone else from "Saved by the Bell" kind of eclipses all other possibilities

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Karakash said...

Sorry to hear this Anthony. Good luck, Paul. If we, from www.maknba.tk can help u in any way, fell free to ask.

 
At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What did Paul eat chicken or something?

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Erik said...

I wish Paul best of luck whatever he may do. Anthony, really hope you manage to keep this going in some form. Though the nightly picks aren't really my thing, the longer pieces have shown great knowledge and humor.

 
At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck at gamblers anonymous, paul. thanks for having entertained us so far but your kneecaps are probably more important.

anthony, please keep the site alive.

 
At 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. it will never be the same when ones not in the game. this has been one of the best sites ive ever seen, i read it regulary and find it amazing. too bad he had to leave.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home