Sunday, December 04, 2005

Sunday's Picks

"Ref, I don't understand why I suck at life so badly, can you give me a break?" D-O-C and the Celts travel to the Big Apple in hopes of their first road win.


December 4, 2005

Home Team in CAPS


Ant's Picks:

Last Night: (6-2); Week: (19-26); Month: (14-19); Season: (126-110)
  • Boston +3.5 over NEW YORK
  • PHOENIX -12 over Atlanta
  • SEATTLE +3 over Indiana
  • Minnesota +4 over SACRAMENTO
  • PORTLAND -1.5 over Utah
  • LAKERS -6 over Charlotte

--One of the few times I can watch the Celtics, and of course they're playing when the Giants are on. In the words of Bill Simmons, I will now perform a colonoscopy on myself.

--Atlanta loses the battle of the bottom feeders and you expect me to take them today? Suns are gonna roll. PHX 112-90

--I can't help but think that Indiana will be pretty beat in finishing up their Western road trip. Add to it that Seattle is pretty tough at home and Jamaal Tinsley is doubtful, I smell a Seattle victory. SEA 101-99

--I'm so sick of the Kings. As soon as I hop on their bandwagon they play like ass. Then as soon as I jump off, like tonight, they play flawlessly. Expect a monster night from KG since I'm going up against him in fantasy. MIN 103-101

--I got to see Utah play the other night vs. the Lakers and let me tell you, they fuckin suck. They just had absolutely no cohesion. Now maybe that's due to a rookie PG, the fact that AK-47 has missed a bunch of action, or that they have just far too many white guys. I'm leaning towards option C. After 3 straight losses, expect Nate to have the boys back on track. POR 97-92

--Finally, I'm making it a rule to go against shitty teams playing their last game on a Western road trip. They're exhausted, undoubtedly partied their asses off the night before, and just can't wait to get home. LAL 98-89

GOOD LUCK

Paul's Picks:

Last Night: (4-4); Week: (27-18); Month: (19-14); Season: (125-111)

  • Boston +3.5 over NEW YORK
  • Atlanta +12 over PHOENIX
  • Indiana -3 over SEATTLE
  • Minnesota +4 over SACRAMENTO
  • Utah +1.5 over PORTLAND
  • LAKERS -6 over Charlotte

--Celts have not only lost every home game they've played this season, they haven't even covered yet. Meanwhile, the Knicks have covered their last 3 at MSG. Celts are going to break this trend by not only covering, but also winning their first road contest of this young season. BOS 101-98

--The Hawks haven't been covering at all lately while the Suns have been covering a bit too much for my liking. I'll take the Hawks knowing this since I have no clue as to what's going to happen. PHX 101-90

--Indiana's beat up, but I don't care. Seattle has struggled getting its offense going against good defensive teams. IND 93-87

--Has Sacto beaten a good team all season? MIN 101-100

--Portland has zero offense and the Jazz should be able to control the boards. Expect a low-scoring affair with Utah taking control late. UTA 78-75

--Kobe played only one game against the Bobcats last year and lit them up at the tune of 32 points and 9 assists. I'm banking on the Black Mamba to have a monster game tonight against a subpar defense. LAL 107-99

4 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey guys, hows it going

just curious, did any of you two play high school/college ball, and if so what position did you play?

 
At 2:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a good friend to both Paul and Anthony, I have played basketball with them countless amounts of times. Both are most definitely skilled in their own ways, Ant being a great 3pt spot shooter with moderate but consistent driving skills. Given the gift of a big build, Paul can play great down in the post; complementing his posting skill is a consistent 15ft jumpshot.

The most defining skill that both own is competitiveness. Tempers can flare at anytime when our usual group play outdoors on concrete in 88 degrees under the blazing sun. Their passion for basketball is unquestionable. Paul and Anthony have clearly earned the respect they have for the game we call basketball...

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Anthony Peretore said...

Um, just so you know, Phil Jackson wrote that previous post. No, but seriously, I have no clue who that was, but I'm guessing John. I am currently coaching a 12-13 year old team in my hometown and actually enjoy it even more than playing. It's great to watch kids grow and learn to appreciate the game we study each and every day. It makes for a rather rewarding experience and I encourage all of you to give it a shot.

 
At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez, is that guy available to write letters of reccomendation?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home