Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Quote of the Day


Shaquille O'Neal on his decision to mend the differences between him and Kobe Bryant:

"I had orders from the great Bill Russell. Me and him were talking in Seattle the other day, and he was telling me how rivalries should be. I asked him if he ever disliked anybody he played against, and he told me, `No, never,' and he told that I should shake Kobe Bryant's hand and let bygones be bygones and bury the hatchet. Today is a day of peace. Dr. Martin Luther King was an ambassador of peace. So when I talked to Mr. Russell, he told me he said that him and Chamberlain spoke once or twice a week before he passed away. And even though people thought they hated each other, there was nothing but love there."

Ant's Take: I honestly thought there was no other way for Shaq to make himself look any better in the eyes of the media. Seriously, has this guy ever done anything wrong? Even when Andrew Bynum was practically begging him to break his nose last night, all O’Neal did is give him a forearm shiver to the chest. Karma did not prevail however, with the Lakers coming out on top 100-92.

4 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Chris said...

Ant, it just occurred to me to let you know I talked about your blog today on EOTB. I thought you might like to know!

 
At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No comment on the Blount trade that seems to be imminent?

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Anthony Peretore said...

No comment on quite possibly the worst trade in the history of the NBA? No thanks, I'm good.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Anthony Peretore said...

What's EOTB? I'm dying to know

 

Post a Comment

<< Home