Thursday, March 23, 2006

Dear Readers

Hey guys,
I wanted to take the time to explain to you why the content on the site has been so slow/poor lately. A lot of you have been loyal readers for over a year now and expect to come here and read well-thought out, detailed work. And I don't blame you. The thing is, I've now accepted a new job which starts in a few weeks and so now I'm absolutely swamped at my current job. And when I'm not working, I'm busy looking for a new place to live and wrapping up the details with my future employer. Needless to say, the last thing on my mind has been the NBA. So, the time has come for me to pass the torch. In accepting this new job, there is no way I can maintain the site on a regular basis anymore. Perhaps I could put up an article once, maybe twice a week, but that would be a serious stretch. Thus, I'd like to offer the opportunity to some of you to carry on the tradition of the Source. If you're interested in working for/purchasing the site please email me at APeretore@gmail.com

Again, I'm sorry it's come to this, but it's damn near impossible to maintain this site by myself. I hope you all understand.

Sincerely,

Anthony

7 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, Anonymous WillC said...

Sorry to hear that you're thinking about stepping down as NBAsource's author. For all my criticisms, I enjoy reading this site, so I hope someone steps up to take on the challenge.

If all else fails, and if you get really desperate, I would gladly write articles for this site.

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Anthony Peretore said...

WillC,
I enjoy reading your comments just the same. Email me an article whenever you feel like it and I'll make sure to get it up. If I could make this into a kind of draft board for prospective bloggers, I would be happy to do so. But I tried to do this once before and unfortunately received rather lackluster work. If anyone is interested in contributing, please send over your best work, not something you threw together in 15 minutes. Will, I'm sure you won't have a problem with this. Take care

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Nat said...

Damn this is a catch 22... i am really happy for you and your new opportunities Ant and as u know i been here since pretty much day 1. but this is sad that one of my favourtie sites on the net is going to fade away. i actually have a job writing for an international paper starting soon but i would love to contribute here and i will just e-mail you stuff from time to time if thats ok. good luck with everything and hope we can get something from you once in a while

 
At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Rob Bobberson said...

anthony

I will write some articlez if u need dem

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Anthony Peretore said...

No offense Bobberson, but no thankz. I don't need articlez that badly.

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger ET said...

Have fun with your new gig. I love reading your articles and it sucks that those aren't happening much anymore, but I wish you the best and I'm sure us Source fans won't let you down. I'll email you something every now and then if I've got anything remotely worth reading and go from there. Good luck.

 
At 5:46 AM, Anonymous rom said...

this would be a shame if this blog had to be shut down :(
The first thing I do in the morning is check the nba results and then check the nbasource for new articles.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home